Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is GCM?

Those following my blog that aren’t part of GCM are probably wondering what it is (insert giggling smiley). GCM stands for Gentle Christian Mothers. It is an on-line (and occasionally off line) community of Christian Mothers who want to raise their children in a grace-filled, loving, non- punitive home. I am so glad I found this site last summer- it has been such a blessing. We talk about everything! We pray for each other, support each other, give advice and share our mommy lives. It is so nice to have a group of women to turn to who share my parenting philosophy. Scott and I want to raise Noah in the manner the Bible says- and this goes against what most of society tells parents to do. It saddens me that so many “Christian” parenting experts, have principles that are actually un- Biblical. Hmmm, maybe I will do other blog posts on this subject.

At GCM there are so many needs and prayer requests. In the past few months we have had moms have second trimester losses. We have had several NICU babies. There are sick children, parents and loved ones. There are marriages under attack. I pray for these women constantly- and that is why it is on my prayer list.

I am looking forward to meeting some of these moms when we go to Atlanta in May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment