Sunday, April 5, 2009

I am so blessed.

While making hospital rounds this weekend, it struck me how blessed I am. I am not in the hospital as a patient. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, a cupcake in my stomach, a wonderful family. Maybe it hit me because I had 3 people who were very close to my age. One with cancer, and 2 with multiple sclerosis.

I see so many hurting, broken people on a daily basis. I also see those who know the Lord. I can walk into an exam room and almost immediately tell if a patient loves God. I see people go through horrible experiences and illnesses and those who love God have such a better time accepting what comes their way.

It is so emotionally draining to see those patients that don't love God. It is like their spirit wants to suck the life out of mine.

I have so much- and there are so many people who have so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment